Webapps for developers

Peter Laursen jazcyk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 19:18:40 UTC 2015

I think focus for Fedora Desktop  is sliding when this talk about " .. for
developers" comes up.  Developers can figure out themselves how to install
whatever of that kind (with or without RPM packages) . I thought focus of
Fedora Desktop was "for ordinary computer users" and not "for developers"
primarily.

What does *DESKTOP* mean? It is the one sitting 40 centimeters from your
nose, simply. Media, codecs, social networking apps etc. is what it is
about.  Forget about "webapps" in a "Desktop" edition (as a default install
at least).

-- P eter

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 7:29 PM, Jiri Eischmann <eischmann at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Matthias Clasen píše v St 21. 01. 2015 v 15:30 -0500:
> > Hey,
> >
> > we currently are shipping information for a relatively small set of
> > webapps so that they show up in gnome-software. Since we are aiming to
> > make the Workstation developer-focused, maybe we should add some
> > must-have developer sites to that list ? I'm really just asking for
> > suggestions here, I'm probably too old-fashioned in my development
> > habits to know the places that really should be on this list...
> >
> > devdocs.io ?
> > stackexchange.com ?
> > github.com ?
>
> GistBox - http://www.gistboxapp.com/
>
> We may also consider Zoho which is a whole family of various webapps,
> not directly intended for developers though.
>
> Jiri
>

> --

Hilsen / Regards

Peter Laursen