Webapps for developers

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Sat Jan 24 16:14:41 UTC 2015

On Fri, Jan 23, 2015 at 5:46 PM, Liam <liam.bulkley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone actually tried installing devdocs from gnome software?
>> When I tried, it did install, but wouldn't function as the webview
>> doesn't support indexdb.
>> Ithen went to the Mozilla marketplace and installed their devdocs
>> app and that worked perfectly (it even installed a .desktop file).
>> Is there any reason why we aren't attempting to use their
>> marketplace as an app provider? That they don't employ appstream
>> might be an issue:)

Hm, it sounds like we need to remove that web app, then.

Coincidentally, IndexedDB support landed yesterday [1]. It's not built
by default (since, well, it landed just yesterday), and I don't know
whether or not that will change in time for F23.

[1]
https://github.com/WebKit/webkit/commit/cec3b3c3abb72def54528a5ad24a78db28838b18