Webapps for developers

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 11:51:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-01-23 at 14:11 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> In particular, the web app has no tabs, and if you try to open a tab
> it will open a full browser instead. Web apps aren't suitable for
> arbitrary sites like GitHub or Stack Exchange where you are probably
> going to want to open multiple tabs at once. They work well for sites
> that actually behave more like applications: I use one for Duolingo,
> for example, but they'd also work for Facebook, Google+, Gmail,
> Grooveshark....

+1 to this. I have an askfedora webapp here, but when I already have 100
or so tabs in a firefox browser window, I'd rather just open askfedora
there instead of a separate "web app" window. It isn't more accessible
or convenient. I'm not sure I'm on board the "each web app in a
different window" system for the time being - it seems to require more
effort than simply switching tabs in my already always open browser
window.
--
Thanks,
Regards,