Webapps for developers

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue Jan 27 16:31:41 UTC 2015

And I should be open-minded; I am just skeptical is all. There's
actually a fairly big team working on WebKit and WebKitGTK+ in
particular. (This is a huge maintenance effort.) Who is going to do the
work of porting GNOME away to something else? (That would be a large
amount of work.) Will you be able to have nice things like GTK+ widgets
(nope) and gstreamer multimedia (probably hard?)? Can Servo render
pages anywhere near as accurately as WebKit? (Probably not for a long
time?)

WebKitGTK+ actually has a strict policy of not bumping dependencies
until the next API version, to allow distros to update to the latest
stable version whenever desired.

But well, if someone does the work, I won't complain. Happy Tuesday!