E&S WG request for input on requirements for Fedora Developer Portal

Václav Pavlín vpavlin at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 11:06:57 UTC 2015

On 07/21/2015 10:22 AM, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> On 21 July 2015 at 18:10, Petr Hracek <phracek at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hi Taylor,

>>> Hi Jens,
>>>
>>> I looked through the wiki page, and had a few questions/comments:
>>>
>>>    * Is the target was exclusively on using Fedora as a client machine,
>>> or if it also is planned to cover using Mac/Windows to develop for
>>> deployment?
>> Yeah good point. Main target of Fedora Developer Portal is to allow users to
>> use a features or projects who use Fedora.
>> Window no. We have no plan currently to support it.
>> If there is going to be a volunteer who creates a page for Mac it would be
>> awesome
>> But for Windows I think that it is not possible;)
> Specifically for Linux container development, the combination of
> Vagrant + VirtualBox + some of the tooling the Project Atomic folks
> are putting together makes it feasible to have a cross-platform
> development story. The Eclipse based tooling is also cross platform.
>
> However, I don't think it makes sense to focus on that in the initial
> iterations, although it may be a good thing to add later.
Not only container development. With upcoming changes to DevAssistant
(client-server architecture, WebUI) we aim at using the server part in
VM (Vagrant, preferably) and client being either served by that VM
through WebUI or being just a thin client on the host (let's hope
someone will pick it up and write clients for both Mac and Windows:).
Then it should be easy to start development of (basically any) Linux
project on non-Linux system in any language or any framework (well, as
long as these have assistants available:) )

Cheers,
Vašek

--

Architect - Senior Software Engineer