Summary of password strength discussion

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jul 28 21:06:21 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:09 AM, Matthew Miller

>> The Workstation WG people here seem to prefer the other way - this over
>> configuring the relative trust per-network. Someone correct me if I'm
>> wrong. :)
>
> How does that work with multihoming?

Home network, one router, one DHCP server = one network. But it has
wired and wireless connections possible. This UI would appear to treat
them as separate networks, which is not really correct. The router
name, hostname, domain name are the same, as is the subnet. Thus same
network. The physical connection doesn't matter.

I shouldn't have to go into 3+ service UIs to flip a possible total of
6 switches to grant service access on what is the same network. And
then do that for work? And then do that for each public network? This
UI does not scale if I understand it correctly.

--
Chris Murphy