LAS F22 review - summary

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 11:01:48 UTC 2015

hi
I'll completely and 100 percent second this. I can't argue on whether
a given card needs open source vs proprietary drivers. What I can say
is, if the driver isn't meeting your standards and the reason is not
linux, don't blame linux. Blame the vender for being lax.
 IN fact, I'll go so far as to say that linux developers do their best
to work with what they have, and in the case of nouveau, I understand
the devs that work there have to deal with whatever scraps of
unimportant documentation nvidia throws their way, and somehow turn
that into a working driver, so it's no wonder they have trouble. I've
also heard that redhat has people actively working on improving the
state of nouveau, and when redhat throws people at a project, it
improves, quickly. No, I don't work for redhat, I've just seen the
quality of their code and some of the people that work for them.

Thanks
Kendell clark