concern over fedora's meeting videos

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 11 14:24:30 UTC 2015

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 07:47:03PM -0500, kendell clark wrote:
> Ah, then my email wasn't needed then. I'd still rather fedora used an
> oss tool to do this, but I trust fedora knows what it's doing, and
> will switch when one that's good enough comes around.

Hi Kendall. I appreciate your concern here (although, probably not on
topic for the desktop list). The meetings are streamed through Youtube
in real time, and although I didn't do it yet, I intend to convert all
of them to fully-open .webm files and post separately after the fact.
(Once we have a Fedora Council blog, these will show up there.)

Additionally, Remy has been transcribing in #fedora-meeting in IRC in
near-real-time. The hangout itself only allows up to 10 participants,
so we've been using those slots for council members and speakers.

And, on the OSS tool, yes, absolutely. Needs are:

 1. Somewhere around a dozen active participants allowed
 2. Live stream to some larger number — "hundreds" is probably adequate
 3. Recorded for later (ideally straight to an open format)
 4. Either minimal fuss in setting up, or someone willing to do the
    fussing.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>