concern over fedora's meeting videos

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 11 14:46:07 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 05:32:05PM +0300, Nikos Roussos wrote:
> >>  1. Somewhere around a dozen active participants allowed
> >>  2. Live stream to some larger number — "hundreds" is probably
> >>adequate
> >>  3. Recorded for later (ideally straight to an open format)
> >>  4. Either minimal fuss in setting up, or someone willing to do the
> >>     fussing.
> >Oh also: screen sharing or some other way of getting slides into the
> >presentation.
> Besides the live streaming, all of these are supported by many
> WebRTC solutions out there (eg. talky.io, appear.in, meet.jit.si,
> etc)

Well, also besides supporting a dozen particants and recording. For
example, talky.io only supports up to five participants and as far as I
know doesn't do recording. Appear.in is getting closer with 8, but
again, no recording. I think jitsi should support more participants,
but I didn't see a recording option there either.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to use one of these things. And if you can
help us overcome those limitations in any way, awesome.

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>