Do not disturb mode in F22/Gnome 3.16

Florian Müllner fmuellner at gnome.org
Mon Jun 15 20:30:18 UTC 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 4:49 PM Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 14:37 +0100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> > Ah! Hadn't realised that. I'll use this for the time being. A switch
> > somewhere would still be nice, though :)

It's worth noting that the UI was removed as part of the notification
redesign, but not the functionality:
- to mark the session as busy (a.k.a. turning off notifications):
  $ gdbus call --session --dest org.gnome.SessionManager \
                     --object-path /org/gnome/SessionManager/Presence \
                     --method org.gnome.SessionManager.Presence.SetStatus 2

 - to mark the session as active again:
  $ gdbus call --session --dest org.gnome.SessionManager \
                     --object-path /org/gnome/SessionManager/Presence \
                     --method org.gnome.SessionManager.Presence.SetStatus 0

So I wouldn't discard a future comeback for the switch - there just wasn't
a good place to put it after the removal of the message tray. I'd hope
extensions start to play around with options though, and we can simply pick
up the one that manages to convince us ...