automount of a volume has wrong permissions, can't open files

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jun 16 03:36:57 UTC 2015

I have files on an HFS+ volume that were created on OS X. When I'm in
Fedora 22, applications give me permissions errors when trying to open
them. I have to go to the CLI to fix this, there's no way to do it in
the GUI. Obviously this shouldn't happen, so it's a bug.

But, I can't figure out which component's bug. What actually
instigates automount in GNOME, and does it tell udisks2 what
permissions to use when automounting? That determines if it's some
GNOME component or if it's udisks2 or maybe something else.

# journalctl
Jun 15 21:18:15 f22m.localdomain udisksd[1272]: Mounted /dev/sda5 at
/run/media/chris/temphfs on behalf of uid 1000

# mount
/dev/sda5 on /run/media/chris/temphfs type hfsplus
(rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,umask=22,uid=0,gid=0,nls=utf8,uhelper=udisks2)

[chris at f22m temphfs]$ ls -lhd /run/media/chris/temphfs/
drwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 9 Jun 15 20:12 /run/media/chris/temphfs/
[chris at f22m temphfs]$ getfacl /run/media/chris/temphfs/
# file: run/media/chris/temphfs/
# owner: root
# group: root
user::rwx