Fwd: Submission deadline for Changes of Fedora 23

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 17:22:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-06-16 at 12:05 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> Do we have system wide changes still to file for F23?
>
> ISTM we have a few contenders that are not yet listed in the proposed
> changes[1] list:
>
> * Integrating distro upgrade

Sadly, I don't have anybody free to work on this in the short term. We
can probably pick this up in August, but by then it may be too late for
F23.

> * D-Bus activation in gnome-session? (does this affect non-GNOME?)

Not really that interesting. It is an internal change to session
infrastructure.

> * Boxes import OVF/OVA (iff. this affects Fedora deliverables, either
>   new requirements, or which can be dropped)

Kalev started working on this, but I had to pull him off to help with
something else - it may still happen for GNOME 3.18, if things play out
perfectly.

> * Live USB changes -- since this affects e.g. docs/websites, possibly
>   a marketing angle

This one is covered here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LiveUsbCreatorFacelift

One more change that we had planned but didn't get to take effect yet
is to switch to Wayland by default.