Do not disturb mode in F22/Gnome 3.16

Florian Müllner fmuellner at gnome.org
Wed Jun 17 08:31:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 10:32 PM Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:

> I used the first command and checked the notification
> setting - the "notification banners" switch was still ON - but no
> banner had come on. Should I file this as a bug?

Technically this is not a bug, as the functionalities are different:

- the session status (a.k.a. Do Not Disturb mode) suppresses
  banners temporarily - however notifications are still queued up
  and banners will be shown when the session gets active again

- the switch in Notification Settings disables banners altogether,
  so turning it on again will only affect future notifications, i.e.
  banners that were suppressed by the setting are not replayed

It's incredibly subtle though, and something we should keep in mind if
Do-Not-Disturb is exposed again.