RFC: Fedora 22 workstation flyer

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 10:03:58 UTC 2015

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback.

On Tue, 2015-06-16 at 13:15 -0500, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> It looks great as a flyer to give to people who already use Fedora
> and
> want to see what's new in F22 that wasn't there in F21. The "Other
> improvements" section is getting a bit technical, but that might be
> fine depending on the target audience.

I've basically picked up stuff from the release notes - this is all
just a draft - a proof of concept pretty much. :)

> I don't think this would be an effective flyer to hand to people who
> don't already use Fedora, since it focuses on changes in F22 and
> assumes prior knowledge of the operating system (what is "GNOME
> Shell?"). Presumably that's not the target audience of this flyer?

We're discussing this on the ambassadors list. It's quite difficult to
have a single flyer that can target newbies + current users + advanced
users - they are looking for different information and need to be
approached differently.

I'm working on a plan here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha/Marketing_Collateral_Ide
as

It'll be great if the WGs could discuss how they want to market their
product a little and provide the marketing team with their
suggestions/requirements/ideas.

> A nit: don't put quotes around overlay scrollbars (or other things
> that
> aren't quotes). That makes it seem like they're not overlay
> scrollbars
> at all, but some sort of euphemism. For example: http://distractify.c
> om/people/the-30-most-unnecessary-uses-of-quotation-marks-in-
> history/ -- you "matter" to us means you do not matter to us,
> "beer" means the beer is so terrible it's almost not really beer,
> "new"
> underwear means it's been used, etc.

Ah, on it!
--