Fwd: Submission deadline for Changes of Fedora 23

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 20:49:43 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-06-25 at 20:02 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> Well we could turn fedup into a script that runs the new dnf plugin
> under the hood to avoid that.

Are you volunteering to write the "fedup" wrapper script, or is that
the famous Open Source "we"[1]? :D

To make the subtext of my previous messages plain:

* I am looking for help getting dnf-plugin-fedup upstreamed
* fedup 0.9.x should be considered deprecated and unmaintained
* I am not going to maintain dnf-plugin-fedup

I *will* do whatever work I can to get system-upgrade support into DNF,
but beyond this transition I don't have time to work on it anymore.

Also, it just doesn't make sense to have upgrades and updates handled
by separate tools, maintained by separate teams. It belongs with the
rest of the packaging tools.

The DNF team doesn't seem to want to take ownership of the system
-upgrade tool, though. So unless that changes: if you want upgrades to
work well, someone else needs to step up and take ownership.

And I'm sorry, but it's not gonna be me.

-w

[1] which means either "somebody else" or "you", depending on context