Lock screen wallpaper

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Sun Mar 1 02:22:51 UTC 2015

Hi,

For the past couple of releases we have defaulted to a Fedora desktop
background alongside the upstream GNOME lockscreen wallpaper. I do like
the upstream lock screen background, but I'd prefer if it would match
the desktop background by default, instead of having two wallpapers
that were clearly designed separately and not intended to be used
together. Any opposition to using the Fedora background for the lock
screen as well? This means the art would be the same for both, unless
the Fedora background folks come up with a different wallpaper for the
lock screen.

Also, a question: *where* does this setting exist? I was expecting a
gschema override in gsettings-desktop-schemas, or maybe a patch to
gnome-backgrounds, but I can't find it anywhere.

Michael