Lock screen wallpaper

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 13:47:11 UTC 2015

On Sat, 2015-02-28 at 20:22 -0600, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> For the past couple of releases we have defaulted to a Fedora
> desktop background alongside the upstream GNOME lockscreen
> wallpaper. I do like the upstream lock screen background, but I'd
> prefer if it would match the desktop background by default, instead
> of having two wallpapers that were clearly designed separately and
> not intended to be used together. Any opposition to using the Fedora
> background for the lock screen as well? This means the art would be
> the same for both, unless the Fedora background folks come up with a
> different wallpaper for the lock screen.

I actually like the fact that the lock screen and the desktop are
different. And I don't see what we would gain by making them the same,
other than another round of fights. The default background has
historically been a battleground in the fight over branding and
identity. I think we could do with a cycle of no fight over background
changes...