testing qt theme

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 12:40:45 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> On Tue, 24 Feb 2015 21:59:42 +0100, Diogo Campos (gmail)
> <diogocamposwd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> * is there an easy way to see what toolkit an application is using,
> >> just
> >> to be sure we aren't looking at applications that are using older
> >> versions of QT or some other toolkit?
> >
> > "About" -> "Qt" menu should work for most applications, I think.
> > Here, QJackCtl, for example, says: "This program uses Qt version
> > 4.8.6". And if I remember correctly, a bunch of others Qt applications
> > have the same menu.
>
> Or a more hardcore way to do the lookup is using "ldd /bin/app | grep
> libQt".
> Anyway, we have just a few Qt3 apps in Fedora and regarding Qt5, I plan to
> compile the theme for this version soon.

Btw. it's possible to use Breeze theme for Qt 5 meanwhile before you'll be
able to build Qt 5 version. Adwaita and Breeze are pretty similar, Breeze
is more flat/lightweight theme but when I was comparing Dolphin and
Nautilus, except CSD it was hard to say which one is which. It is also
considered by KDE SIG to stick with Adwaita for KDE spin as it fits better
than Oxygen GTK (that's actually broken).

Jaroslav