User doesn't get a fully localized system

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Mon Mar 16 10:03:39 UTC 2015

> > Any ideas how to solve this?
> RFE for anaconda?

You might not have an internet connection during installation. Also, we just copy a disk image when installing from Live, so we would need to have basically two step installation - first copy the image, then open it up and download&install localization. It surely would be nice, but I think anaconda devs wouldn't be thrilled.

I think this would fit nicely into gnome-initial-setup. After you pick your language, the system could check whether you have all necessary translations and offer you to install them (probably after a wifi setup step).

It would also be nice to have an option to trigger the same action from control-center -> Region & Language, so you could always go there and click to install all localization files for a particular language. This would be the last measure if you were offline during installation and gnome-initial-setup.