completely impressed with linux's accessibility

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 14:20:30 UTC 2015

hi
This sounds absolutely awesome! I'll join the installer list as soon
as I get back with another cup of coffee.  I'll be glad to write up
some documentation about user expectations, this I can do easily. I'll
leave some of the actual backend work to people who understand it, I
have some idea of how it works, but not a very good one. I'll start on
that now. I'm just about to test my fix now, I just need to install
the actual installer, I think fedora removes it upon installation, but
leaves most of it's configs behind. If it works i'll submit a pull
request. As far as accessibility deficiencies  in windows, those
mostly come from inadequate or missing accessibility support in
toolkits. Qt, for example, is not very good on windows though it does
sort of work. The thing I find frustrating is the constant, and I do
mean constant amount of "linux will never get anywhere, windows works
for me" responses that I have to deal with when trying to get windows
people to try linux. It needs more users in order for accessibility to
improve. I have a serious dislike for windows users more than windows
itself, although I don't like it much either. Sighted or blind, some
of them can be some of the most user hostile, smug, and altogether
unpleasant people there are. Sure, if you want to send me that invite
on g+ I'll join. At the moment there's a hilarious bug in the g+ sign
up page. THe gender list box seems to be immutable. Orca won't cycle
through the gender choices, staying stuck on none, and google refuses
to let you continue until you've set one
Anyway, back to fixing that anaconda bug
Thanks
Kendell clark