Request to include gnome-maps by default in F22

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Mar 27 14:45:59 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-03-27 at 14:39 +0100, Kalev Lember wrote:
> On 03/27/2015 01:47 PM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:
> > That's something that's been annoying me each time I look at comps. I
> > would like the workstation environment group to include gnome-desktop,
> > so we don't have to maintain two separate groups. (For F23, not F22.)
>
> Yes, it's confusing and I'd like to get rid of the basically unused
> gnome-desktop comps group too.
>
> So far, I haven't deleted the duplicate group because I believe some
> spins use it to display the "GNOME" category in their package installer
> for installing GNOME stuff.

Instead of deleting the gnome-desktop group, we could remove the GNOME
stuff from the workstation-product group, and have
workstation-product-environment depend on the gnome-desktop group. Then
the workstation-product group will have stuff like the Qt packages,
which doesn't have anything to do with GNOME. It's OK for it to be
small, I think.