Report of F21 -> F22 package additions / removals

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Tue May 5 09:06:03 UTC 2015

On 05/05/2015 10:54 AM, Kalev Lember wrote:
> Here's a report of package changes between F21 and yesterday's F22
> snapshot, comparing:
>   Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-21-1.iso
>   Fedora-Live-Workstation-x86_64-22-20150504.iso

Some things I noticed myself when going through the changes, in no
particular order:

 - we're finally down to only shipping gstreamer 1 and gstreamer 0.10 is
now gone from the installation media

- only one speech to text stack now, with festival and flite gone and
espeak used as the default

- we're shipping both bind and bind99 libs now :(

- oxygen-icon-theme seems to be pulled in for the the Qt Adwaita support
and we now ship both oxygen and adwaita icons

- soooo many new python3 libraries installed by default

- tcl and guile are now pulled in by something

- gnome-packagekit is finally gone

- gtkhtml3 is gone, that's one less html rendering engine!

--
Kalev