Why people are not switching to Fedora

Ryan D'Amour ryandamour at gmail.com
Fri May 8 04:50:07 UTC 2015

Hi all!

I think one of the main issues with users migrating is the "ease-of-use"
factor that some of the larger 'competitors' offer, such as Ubuntu or
Mint.  Realistically, these distributions are curtailed to meet the needs
of the average desktop user, as well as the non-cli-guru.  Things such as
the Software Center are appealing for most who are attempting to get into
the linux realm, as learning cli can be overwhelming at times for some.
I'm not saying this is the end-all be-all answer,  nor do I have a
suggestion are far as how to tackle this issue, but I do feel it would help
with the 'enticement' factor towards those who are looking for a
distribution to learn on, as well as grow with.