Problems "precision touchpad" Aspire E-11 series (clickpad type)

diaz.bastian at openmailbox.org diaz.bastian at openmailbox.org
Fri May 8 06:44:05 UTC 2015

Fedora 22 (beta) rawhide
Gnome 3.16.1
Aspire E-11 ES1-111M-C6NR

Since I'm trying fedora 22, my laptop has presented problems in the
recognition and functioning of the ClickPad. First, the ClickPad is not
recognized by the system, which is easily solved by changing the BIOS
settings to "basic touchpad" (advanced touchpad is defined by default),
another solution is to add the line "i8042.nopnp" in GRUB .

In either case, after a period of use the cursor goes crazy, moving
across the screen. This problem is reported by other users and argue
that the cause of the problem is software. The only solution is to turn
off/on the Clickpad (fn + F7).

This problem is very annoying and though I tried to resolve it with
different configurations of Synaptics, I could not find answers to this
problem.

Does anyone know how to solve it ?, did not want to make a bug report
about the ambiguity of the information and which is unable to detect the
cause of the problem.
I discard hardware problems because the laptop using Windows 8.1 with no
problems with the ClickPad.

Additional information (sites reporting the problem)
http://blog.mdda.net/oss/2014/11/16/acer-e11-es1-111-c3nt-linux/
http://chakraos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=83718%29%20*%20%28http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=184092&p=956784
http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1361

Thanks