Why people are not switching to Fedora

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Fri May 8 10:52:10 UTC 2015

On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 12:48 PM, Elad Alfassa <elad at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 9:34 PM, Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Release cadence
>> Quite a few people mentioned this, ranging from those who wanted to switch us to a rolling release, a tick/tock
>> release style, to just long release cycles. Probably more people saying they thought the current 6 Month cycle
>> was just to harrowing than people who wanted rolling releases or tick/tock releases.
>
> I don't think we have the resources to please both those who want a
> usable rolling release *and* those who want an LTS release.
> I think people who want rolling releases are those who come from other
> Linux distributions... I don't think anyone coming from Windows or Mac
> would want their OS to change under their feet on regular updates.
>
>> HiDPI issues
>> A few comments on various challenges people have with HiDPI screens, especially when dealing with non-GTK3 apps-
>>

> I don't think this is specific enough to be actionable.

It is ... its pretty obvious if you use most non gtk3 app on hidpi.
The fonts gets scaled up but not the UI elements ... you end up with
small click targets (icons, toolbars, etc.) ... if you use a pure java
app (i.e swing UI) its even worse not even the fonts gets scaled up.
As to how to fix it see my first reply.