Official Fedora Survey 2015

Richard Turner rjt at zygous.co.uk
Sun May 10 10:35:32 UTC 2015

On 10 May 2015 11:06, "Diogo Campos (gmail)" <diogocamposwd at gmail.com>
wrote:
> - Age (to get a sense of the level of experience with computers and
similar).

Better just to ask for level of computer experience than try to infer it
from age.

> - Uses Fedora in everyday life.
> - Uses which another OS in everyday life.
> - What are the most important characteristics in an OS (to him/her).
>
> - Occupation.

I don't know that this is relevant, unless it was meant as a header for the
following two.

> - Activities with computers at work.
> - Softwares used in each of these work activities.

> - Hobbies.

As occupation, I think this is irrelevant.

> - Activities with computers at leisure.
> - Softwares used in each of these leisure activities.

This is an opportunity to validate some of the assumptions we make about
our users, so questions could stem from those assumptions. If level of
computer experience is higher than average, is the subject comfortable on
the CLI? Configuring iptables/Samba/etc? If it's low, how off-putting is
using fedup?