Why people are not switching to Fedora

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Mon May 11 05:45:19 UTC 2015

hi
Sorry, I should've been clearer. I wasn't aiming that argument at you,
but the "average" windows/mac user who just wants to turn their
computer on, doesn't know or care how it works, as long as all their
closed source, locked down content plays. That doesn't sound like you,
and you seem perfectly capable of using a 3rd party repo to get your
files to play if you need to. Again, this seems unlikely to change. If
redhat were to pay up and get a  "patent" license for mp3, they might
as well "license" iTunes, pay apple for patent rights,  "license" a
nonfree netflix app, steam, where does it end? My point is, if we were
to have mp3 codecs in fedora, then someone else would come along and
insist that we have another codec for their favorite file format. Then
someone else would ... it's a slippery slope.
Thanks
Kendell clark
Sent from Fedora GNU/Linux