Why people are not switching to Fedora

Alex G.S. alxgrtnstrngl at gmail.com
Mon May 11 14:26:26 UTC 2015

> The idea is nice, but it isn't feasible at all.  We have a better
> chance of just making the FOSS drivers as performant as the
> proprietary drivers.  At least that is somewhat realistic.

In the new AMD scenario (unified kernel module for both FOSS and
proprietary drivers) where you have the proprietary blob in user-space
would this be a feasible thing to achieve if they're using the same kernel
module?  I think then it's a matter Nvidia being the real problem here and
they need to be pushed to do the same with the Nouveau project and have a
single kernel module and move the Nvidia blob into user-space.  It's
extremely frustrating that Nvidia is basically the only thing keeping X11
around.