Tweak Tool in Workstation?

Matthias Clasen mclasen at redhat.com
Mon May 11 21:29:47 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 16:17 -0500, kendell clark wrote:

> I do think some, maybe most, of
> the options that are currently in tweak tool could be better used
> being put in their  appropriate panel in the control center. But I'll
> go with it. If gnome puts tweak tool into gnome, great. If not, oh
> well.

To make this clear: gnome-tweak-tool is a part of gnome. It lives in
git.gnome.org, gets maintained by the same people who look after the
control-center, gets released in sync with the other gnome modules.

I don't think it is fair to say unless we merge the control-center and
the tweak tool we don't care for users.

If you want the tweaks to be integrated on a more equal footing with
the regular settings, one fun project would be to add a search
provider to gnome-tweak-tool, similar to what gnome-control-center
has, so you can find individual tweak tool pages in the shell search.