Tweak Tool in Workstation?

William Moreno williamjmorenor at gmail.com
Tue May 12 03:26:24 UTC 2015

Hi

This is my first mail in this list, and yes I have opened the bug about the
Gnome Tweak Tool in Workstation.

I know than a bug if not a good place for this kind of things, but at less
was a good way to track some comments of people thinking than could be good
to have the Gnome Tweak Tool by default, but what users really want to
access some options of the system, the tool itself is not the important.

Than I see here is than there is many options, than power users want and
are not available in the control center, people is asking for a way to get
access to these options and the control center will be a better place for
things like managing the fonts of the system and the power options when I
am using a laptop,  and maybe newcomers will like to set the maximise
button by default, or play with a different theme and icons pack.

These is not about say to Gnome People what they must do or not with the
desktop, I have read all the comment in the bug, in bugs outside Fedora and
in the archive of these mailing list, and there not intention of may anyone
angry.

I think these is a valid request from the community of users of Gnome
Desktop about some options than need to be included in the Control Center,
if these options where available there will not need to ask about include
the Tweak Tool, there will be not need of it.

And the Gnome Tweak Tool is written in Python 2 so if not compatible with
the Python 3 by default feature, these is a valid technical objections for
not include it by default, but as I said, the important thing is not the
tool itself, but there are users who want to access options that currently
are not accessible otherwise.

But the background of all these is than there is a real need of more
options to be included in the Gnome Control Center and is really cool to
see than Michael Catanzaro look the users real requests.

And maybe there were a better way to take the attention about this, but I
think than at less work fine to show something than users really want :)