Re: The “Windows Just Works” BIG fallacy

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Tue May 12 09:57:58 UTC 2015

hi
It does allow us to improve, but not when the community cannot decide
on a direction because one group wants the easiest solution, and the
other wants a foss solution. And just to add my two cents in, windows
has gotten better, yes. But it's still got cases where it cannot
detect drivers. Neither OS is perfect. Windows does some things better
than linux, and linux does some, I'm going to say a lot of, things
better than windows. It all mostly comes down to the user. If the user
is determined to like windows above anything else, than they can find
reasons, eitehr true or not, to discount or otherwise discredit linux.
The reverse is true. If a person is determined to use linux, windows
could be the most user friendly OS in the world and that wouldn't
dissuade them, so long as linux still remains competitive. And I'm not
trying to get into a windows vs linux debate. I'm trying, as much as I
can be, to be objective. I like linux, therefore I'm not much
interested in what windows can and cannot do. I'll focus on improving
linux for myself and the other disabled people.

Thanks
Kendell clark
Sent from Fedora GNU/Linux