The “Windows Just Works” BIG fallacy

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Tue May 12 13:06:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 11:51 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> Where is the free RAR implementation? (That's probably the only
> reason)

It's unar (FOSS replacement for unrar), and it's already in our repos.

Anyway, I actually can open RAR files, and I don't *think* I installed
anything (and I actually don't have unar installed, so maybe it uses
some lib). Even if we don't have RAR support out-of-the-box (which we
should), PackageKit should offer to install RAR support automatically.
If that doesn't work, it's a bug.