Why people are not switching to Fedora

Lars Seipel lars.seipel at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:30:51 UTC 2015

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 05:22:20AM -0400, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Whao, that's news to me. And device discovery is done through DNS-SD as well?
> Or it will need Samba to advertise it?

Not sure about discovery. At our faculty we use CUPS/IPP exclusively for
student printing services and the setup instructions for Windows tell
you to enter the hostname/URL manually. They're written in German, but
here's something roughly equivalent from another university:

http://howto.ccs.neu.edu/howto/printing/adding-an-ipp-printer-queue-to-windows-7/

DNS-SD doesn't seem to be an option on Windows, at least out-of-the-box.
There's still Apple's Bonjour for Windows, though.