Fixing express install for F23

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Tue May 12 16:57:49 UTC 2015

On 05/12/2015 05:59 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> One way to fix that would be to bring them back -- essentially go back
> to producing the images we offered before.  That doesn't mean we need
> to advertise them on the website, though.  What are the other
> alternatives for fixing?

I can think of two options, but unsure how easy they are to implement.

Option one would be to teach Boxes how to do an express install from
regular Workstation live media. If Anaconda's live installer manages to
install from the live media, it can't be impossible.

Option two would be to teach Boxes how to do a full network install,
where it would download the initrd and kernel from network, prepare a
kickstart file and do a network based install from the install tree.

--
Kalev