Tweak Tool in Workstation?

Alexander Bisogiannis alexixor at gmail.com
Wed May 13 06:15:28 UTC 2015

On 12/05/15 19:32, Elad Alfassa wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 9:26 PM, Adam Batkin <adam at batkin.net> wrote:
>> I'd love to be able to stick with Gnome since it's well polished, well tested and well
>> integrated with the rest of the system.
>
> That's the thing: You can't really create a highly polished and
> integrated system if there are settings for everything, it adds too
> many moving parts which cause a lot of maintenance burden and make
> bugs harder to find and fix.
> Having some apps use tray icons as if it's 1998 and other use
> notifications like they should is the opposite of polish.

Yeah, right --> www.kde.org

I mean these guys can support all notification modes, plus have
notification history *per application* for ~6 years now, AND managed to
not implode in a black hole created by the "maintenance burden"...

P.S.
Please don't start talking about KDE4, because Gnome went trhough the
same crap, but contrary to KDE, it is still going though the same
"transition" crap.

--
Alex.