Tweak Tool in Workstation?

Alexander Bisogiannis alexixor at gmail.com
Wed May 13 08:47:14 UTC 2015

On 13/05/15 09:39, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> There won't be status icon support in KDE's Wayland, just like there won't be any in Enlightenment or GNOME's.
>
> The support will only be there for legacy X11 support. Time to get those apps unbroken...
>
> (I love the fact that you're talking about them as "notifications" which is exactly what we're telling people to replace status icons with)

You misunderstood me.

Notifications where not working properly in Gnome since the beginning,
until 3.16.
This has nothing to do with status icons.
KDE had notifications working properly for years.

If some applications are not updated to work with wayland, then let then
become obsolete :)

But please understand that having properly working notifications, should
not exclude the existence of status icons.

--
Alex.