The “Windows Just Works” BIG fallacy

Martin Bříza mbriza at redhat.com
Wed May 13 11:18:23 UTC 2015

On Tue, 12 May 2015 19:12:38 +0200, Diogo Campos (gmail)
<diogocamposwd at gmail.com> wrote:

>>>  # Graphic Cards = Intel, AMD, Nvidia.
>>>

>>>  Windows: No, No, No.
>>
>> -> Wrong; Wrong; Wrong
>
> Nope, Nope, Nope.
>
> Install Windows from a "Windows CD" and your graphic card will NOT work
> for serious until you install a driver from Windows Update or from the
> wild internet.

Installed vanilla Windows 8.1 on my desktop computer yesterday - it had
wrong resolution for about 5 minutes, then, on the fly, it installed the
official Intel drivers and switched the resolution automatically. No
restarts, no interaction from my side on this matter, nothing, it just
worked.