Fedora 22 update security

Nethaji ucbtnth at live.ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 13 14:02:51 UTC 2015

Is it alright for any normal user to update the kernel. In my experience
I have seen quite a lot of difference between kernel versions. When a
standard user updates already installed signed by Fedora software, it
could lead to some issues which system admin might not be able to fix.
For example, the downgrade option is available for one version below the
currently installed version. This is not recursive, I mean, I cannot go
from version 3 to version 1. I will be stuck with version 2. As a system
admin it is not ideal in a real world.

Differences between kernels and even versions of software, I have seen
and experiencing issues.

This is evolution email client, which I am currently editing to report
to the forum.

The other key thing is the update of the NVIDIA graphics driver. I still
have not managed to install NVIDIA graphics driver on my Fedora 22 even
with the latest kernel.

Nethaji