Fedora 22 update security

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Wed May 13 15:49:03 UTC 2015

Josh Boyer píše v St 13. 05. 2015 v 10:27 -0400:
> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Bastien Nocera <bnocera at redhat.com
> > wrote:

I don't like this behavior either. My mom uses Fedora, but I don't let
her perform updates herself because our updates are not bullet-proof
and I don't want her to end up with a broken system. I always do it
myself and check if everything works afterwards when I visit her.

On one hand, we don't have any GUI for upgrades arguing that we don't
have a reliable mechanism for it to expose upgrades to users, and on
the other hand we allow anyone to perform updates who are also not
100% reliable.

I can imagine that sysadmins of classroom deployments may be
unpleasantly surprised by this as well. They are supposed to look at
updates settings more in detail, but I don't think one expects that
the system behave this way by default.

Jiri