Fedora 22 update security

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Thu May 14 06:21:16 UTC 2015

On 14 May 2015 at 01:57, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro at gnome.org> wrote:
> It never even occurred to me that we might make this change downstream,
> since we make changes upstream whenever we can. PackageKit is
> maintained by a Fedora developer (Richard Hughes) so it's natural that
> the default settings are what Fedora wants them to be.

I'm certainly hope I'm a friendly upstream, and it's true that I want
to ship sane policy by default. It doesn't mean upstream *has* to bend
and flex to every diktat from FESCo. If someone can explain to me in
an upstream bug why changing the policy would be more secure for users
then I'll happily change it for the next release. I'm not horribly
keen on the "lock down by default" arguments, as PackageKit upstream
is at targeting these users
http://www.freedesktop.org/software/PackageKit/pk-profiles.html

Richard