Fixing express install for F23

Alberto Ruiz aruiz at redhat.com
Fri May 15 12:12:00 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-12 at 22:54 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 11:59:38AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> > One way to fix that would be to bring them back -- essentially go back
> > to producing the images we offered before.  That doesn't mean we need
> > to advertise them on the website, though.  What are the other
> > alternatives for fixing?
>
> For this use case, how about producing a ready-to-run image, basically
> like the cloud image, but meant to run Workstation in a local VM?

Yes please.

For the sake of adoption I think we should create ready to run images
for VirtualBox/VMWare/Parallels and of course Boxes. VBox and VMWare
both support .OVF/.OVA images already and I know Boxes has support that
in the works. From my POV this is something we should do.

Downloading the Live image to then perform an installation can be quite
annoying specially if you have to do it repeatedly.

--
Greetings,
Alberto Ruiz