Significant drop in ABRT reports in F22

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri May 15 13:35:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, 2015-05-15 at 08:47 -0400, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> As far as GNOME is concerned, the ABRT setting is deprecated.

Well it's obviously unacceptable to have two different settings for the
same thing, one of which supercedes the other.

Tangentially related: to be blunt, I have no confidence that the ABRT
developers can get the GUI into shape in any reasonable timespan (next
2-3 years) and I'd prefer for us to not ship the GUI at all. Automatic
reporting to the retrace server should suffice for us. Even that comes
at tremendous cost: out-of-the-box coredumpctl. coredumpctl is an
amazing feature for developers (and why I do not use ABRT) and it's a
shame that ABRT disables it.