Significant drop in ABRT reports in F22

Andreas Nilsson lists at andreasn.se
Fri May 15 15:17:55 UTC 2015

On 2015-05-15 16:41, Richard Marko wrote:
> Sure. It's rocket science to make a GUI according to Gnome HIG, cause it
> shouldn't have any buttons or features. 2-3 years? I can and I will
> write an Qt app for ABRT in 2-3 days when our DBus API stabilizes.
>
> I'm wondering what according to you is "in shape" as in my experience
> most Gnome apps went downhill in terms of usability, features and
> overall look.

Sorry for a bit of a naive question, since I don't know the full span of
problems that ABRT needs to solve, but how much UI is needed for a
problem reporting app? For a lot of other platforms and apps it's
usually a dialog or a checkbox, but perhaps their requirements are very
different from ABRT.

For someone who's not a problem-reporting-geek, but happy to help
improving Fedora, I found the latest version in F22 such an improvement
to the extent that I no longer turn it off on a fresh installation.
Previously I had a really hard time reporting crashes and the UI
confused me a lot. Big thanks to all the developers who worked on the
latest version!

(I turned on automatic reporting on both my systems from today btw, hope
the data is useful!)
- Andreas