Anaconda wishlist

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 30 16:46:58 UTC 2015

On 27/05/15 09:19 AM, Michael Catanzaro wrote:

> Changes to gnome-initial-setup: Skip language and keyboard layout
> selection in user creation mode. These panels cannot reasonably be
> removed from Anaconda, so we should use them only in existing user mode
> (when a new user account is created after installation). They're
> redundant in user creation mode. Also, completely remove timezone
> selection if it remains in anaconda.
>
> Optional: Remove hub and spokes: simply go straight to keyboard layout
> selection after language selection, then from there to disk layout,
> optionally from there to the hostname panel, and then to the
> installation progress panel. This last panel will need a bit of a
> redesign, since it will be pretty empty otherwise. Many WG members feel
> this would make the installer easier to use, but we do not have
> consensus on this. It is unrelated to the goal of reducing redundancy
> between anaconda and g-i-s.
>
> We also note that there have been many requests to simplify the
> installation destination spoke, but we do not have any design for this.
Have you seen the second round of visual redesign of Anaconda?
- Choose language
- If not enough storage space, offer option to either resize the
partition from existing OS or delete it
- Modified Hub and Spokes that includes network, keyboard, software (for
listing what are provided), source to destination
-Install
Maybe using "disable" word would be better than "removing" considering
its flexibility.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer