Desktop section at Fedora Developer Portal

Jiri Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 15:18:00 UTC 2015

Hi,
the Fedora Developer Portal is out [1] and I've been asked by its
maintainers if we can help them with a desktop section.

They asked me if we could write up and article how to write a simple
"Hello World" GTK+ app using recommended languages and tools. I suppose
a Qt app example would also be quite relevant to Fedora Workstation,
but we should start with GTK+.

Eventually, we can add XDGApp to "Deploy and Distribute" section and
Builder to "Get Tools" section.

Any thoughts, ideas?

Jiri