Desktop section at Fedora Developer Portal

Zoltan Hoppar hopparz at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:06:37 UTC 2015

Hi Jiri.

We have a nice tool, called developer assistant - and I think would be
an nice to have a site that actually takes newbies hands and leads
them to use this tool for not only development, else testing, package,
and launching too. I think on a step by step from code cradle till rpm
and back. And in this theme can be every section be complemented - as
we have plenty of tools, for pentest, for stability, for etc. If we
offer enough choice, and if we offer an kickstart/sourceforge like
fedorahosted what is producing copper apps - that will create tons of
apps, and even more developers, IMHO.

HTH,

Zoltan

> On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 16:18 +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>> the Fedora Developer Portal is out [1] and I've been asked by its
>> maintainers if we can help them with a desktop section.
>>
>> They asked me if we could write up and article how to write a simple
>> "Hello World" GTK+ app using recommended languages and tools. I
>> suppose
>> a Qt app example would also be quite relevant to Fedora Workstation,
>> but we should start with GTK+.
>>
>> Eventually, we can add XDGApp to "Deploy and Distribute" section and
>> Builder to "Get Tools" section.
>>
>> Any thoughts, ideas?
>
> For GNOME apps, there's a ton of material here: https://developer.gnome
> .org/
>
> I don't really see the value in duplicating it.
> --

PGP:  06853DF7