Desktop section at Fedora Developer Portal

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Mon Nov 2 18:09:25 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 16:18 +0100, Jiri Eischmann wrote:
> They asked me if we could write up and article how to write a simple
> "Hello World" GTK+ app using recommended languages and tools. I
> suppose
> a Qt app example would also be quite relevant to Fedora Workstation,
> but we should start with GTK+.

We have Hello World examples for JavaScript, C++, C, Python, and Vala
at https://developer.gnome.org/gnome-devel-demos/unstable/

If you had to pick only one language to document, pick JavaScript,
since that is the language we've agreed to focus on for newcomer
tutorials. It's the closest we have to a recommended language. Not that
I would recommend it. ;)

Michael