xdg-app accessibility?

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 16:56:22 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-10-28 at 21:07 -0500, kendell clark wrote:
> hi all
> I've just read christian's fedora workstation update article. This
> got
> me thinking. I would like to, if possible, have by fedora 24, at
> least a
> basic level of functioning accessibility for xdg-app compliant
> applications.

xdg-app by itself should not really affect the accessibility code.
Although it may need some minor tweaks, as I have not tested it.

However, if you want to run apps that are sandboxed then things are
much trickier. The accessibility dbus APIs are completely unsafe and
lets any app fully control any other app. I have no idea whatsoever how
hard it would be to fix this, or how the fix would look.