Default web browser search provider in GNOME shell

Ryan Lerch rlerch at redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 00:43:15 UTC 2015

Currently, the web (epiphany) browser in GNOME has a search provider so
that you can search for something on the web. I don't use this feature
(unless by accident), as i use Firefox as my default browser. I have
epiphany installed for trying out websites in different browsers.

I know that the search providers are provided by the apps themselves,
but just wondering if in the case of searching the web, that there is a
search provider in Fedora Workstation that simply searches with whatever
you have set as your default webbrowser.

It just seems this is a point where a user will get confused when a
different browser (other than their default) is shown when searching for
the internet in shell.

cheers,
ryanlerch