Blurred icon - Fedora release notes

Elad Alfassa elad at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 8 16:17:41 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 6:55 PM, Bastián Díaz <diaz.bastian at openmailbox.org>
wrote:

> El 08-10-2015 11:42, Michael Catanzaro escribió:
>
>> Anyway, since the release notes are not an app, they should not be
>> displayed in the shell overview anymore. I wonder why you're seeing
>> them at all.
>>

> It is not an application, but is a shortcut to the Release Notes and with
> Dev Help, are distributed with fedora since a time ago.
>
> Independent of the problem that I present, I believe that this access to
> documentation should be included in the "Utilities" folder.
>
> ,Cheers
> --
> Bastián Díaz
>
> --

We've had the discussion in the past and devised a set of guidelines [1],
which basically say that since the release note launcher does not launch an
app, we should not include it in the default install. If it were to be
included, it'd be in the Sundry folder, which is for "stuff that is not
actually apps but we can't remove from our default installation for various
reasons".

AFAIK, we don't install the release notes by default any more (correct me
if I'm wrong). I feel there's a little value in rehashing the same
discussion about the release notes we had in previous cycles.

[1]
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Workstation/Guidelines/Applications_and_Launchers

--
-Elad.